Here’s how to easily label map points after importing the coordinates. The example table is EDU by Income.
• Download and install XYChartLabeler from http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm
This is a free Excel utility which extends MSOffice chart for better labelling of data points.
• Right click on the map and select Save Coordinates
• Open the file in NotePad.exe or other text editor
• Copy the highlighted section to the clipboard
• Open Excel
• Select the two coordinate columns
• Insert Chart as Scatterplot
The points are in the correct positions, but don’t make much sense without data labels.
To add the data labels
• XY Chart Labels tab
• Add Labels
• Select the labels in column C
• Drag the labels as appropriate to avoid illegible overlaps
Should now appear as:
The chart can now be copy/pasted to PowerPoint or Word.